Thursday, November 3, 2011

HIV 101 @ GA. State University

When we were navigating the myriad of emotions we felt about living with HIV back in the 1980's, I never envisioned something like what I had the great blessing to observe and enjoy recently at Georgia State University.

My friend, Dr. Larry Bryant, a professor at Georgia State University, has created an accredited course on HIV Awareness (HIV 101) that is very well thought out and it is having a wonderful effect on the 60+ students enrolled this semester.  Imagine, an actual accredited course on HIV, with a text book and everything!! 

I was blessed to have the opportunity to share my experiences as a person living with AIDS for the past 25 years.  The bredth of the knowledge exhibited by the students was refreshing!  Thanks to Dr. Larry Bryant for inviting me to speak and listen.  Thanks go to him for having the vision and perserverance needed to make it haopen.  I pray that every college and university follow his lead and institute a cousre just like it.  Among these students is the person who will discover the cure for HIV.


  
  
  
  

Posted via email from Reggie Smith 770's Blog by SocialNetGate

No comments:

Post a Comment