Monday, March 5, 2012

Not On The Outside, But Inside's Strong

Anyone who has experienced death in a personal way has probably come to this one conclusion...we are all spiritual beings having a human experience.  I had always thought this to be the case, but it became most evident when I looked at the remains of my father in his casket.  I had known the spirit that had inhabited his body, and it was clear that the energy that was my father no longer "lived" in the body that lay before me.

Death is the most extreme example of  how our humanity is an energetic reality.  Pain seems to cause the kind of suffering that is causing many of my friends to arrive at this same conclusion.  Many of my peers are experiencing health challenges.  As a result, they are looking for healing solutions.  Because many of them know about the diseases (HIV/HEP-C) that I have lived with for so long, and the holistic practices I have incorporated in my lifestyle, they come to me for answers and suggestions.

When I was blessed with the opportunity to recover from active drug and alcohol addiction back in 1985, I realized that anything is possible with faith and desire.  Pain and suffering were certainly the motivation for my desire and willingness to have faith.  Shame and hopelessness plagued my mind and spirit, and I had to learn how to heal both  mind and spirit if my human body was going to ever thrive again.

The same process of healing the mind and spirit can be used to treat the physical maladies.  “Sickness” seems to be the logical result of the addictive behaviors that many of us have consciously and unconsciously bought into.  Whether it is sugar, salt, nicotine or stress, the manifestations have ranged from ADHD to diabetes, cancer to any number of immune disorders.

I think that having become a living host for the HIV retrovirus has been a wonderful opportunity to gain the kind of experience that can serve myself, my family, and my community!  I know that sounds radical, but if all of us who have been "chosen" to have this learning experience uses it as a blessing, we will then be living in the spirit, and that is where we need to be in order to heal the humans we are being.

So when they ask me how I have attained my freedom from the chains of addiction to all of those things that were killing my body, I always have to begin with my surrender to a higher power.  It is evident from my experience, and the experiences of millions, that healing the spirit is the most effective way to heal the body. 

I know it may seem counterintuitive to the uninitiated, but faith, by definition, is believing in things unseen.  As Daddy Rich said in the movie “Carwash” – “you gotta believe in something…why not believe in me”.  Seriously though, try finding a way to tap into the spirit within if you want to heal the body.

Yes, we will discuss actual healing solutions in this blog, like the benefits of drinking lots of water, or the need to be less acidic.  When we do share these thoughts and ideas it will be as much a reminder for me as it is possibly helpful for you.  No matter what we talk about as it pertains to healing, I have to always remember that it begins in the spiritual realm.  After all, we are truly spiritual beings having a human experience.

Posted via email from Reggie Smith 770's Blog by SocialNetGate

No comments:

Post a Comment