Sunday, June 16, 2013

Humility is an acquired trait by Reggie Smith



















Rise Multimedia Magazine










































Home

About

News

Broadcasts

Contact













facebook

twitter

linkedin

youtube

google+




More people are dying from Hep C and liver disease than HIV!!



May is Hepatitis Awareness Month 



Watch this short Hepatitis C Education with NMCRA'S Dr. Luther Virgil, Jr.



Featured Video:



(click on arrow to view video)


undefined


 






















Wellness









Awareness









Recovery









Register Now












 Humility is an acquired trait



by Reggie Smith



“A child is born with no state of mind, blind to the ways of mankind; God is smiling on you, but He’s frowning too, because only God knows what you go through”.



                            Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five – “The Message”



As a parent,  I want my children to avoid the pain I’ve experienced, but it seems like I am powerless to do so.  Both as a child and a parent I have often felt out of control of my life,  so I sought escape from the pain with things like drugs, sex, food, gambling…well, you know what I mean, right?  The guilt and shame of my behavior was unbearable, and I don’t want our children, or anyone, to have to experience that pain, or the consequences (like HIV) that are the result.  I can’t imagine going through what I put my parents through.  I’m not as self-centered as I used to be, I guess, because I will do whatever I can to spare our kids.



People often share with me their devastating personal tragedies, and the mental, emotional and physical challenges that affects their lives.  The difference between sharing and complaining is whether or not we are living in the solution.  Most of the time, we won't surrender until we are humiliated.  Being humiliated is when we feel ashamed and foolish because our dignity and self-respect has been injured.  It takes courage to share those painful situations that caused us to be who we are, and when we do, we often feel better and the pain is usually diminished.  When we are in pain we learn to practice humility.  Humility is defined as a modest or low view of one's own importance.  When we hurt, we realize there are some things that are bigger than us. 



For example, the U.S. Congress should be humiliated by their obvious greed and lack of empathy for those of us in need.  If they had any humility, they might be able to care about those who need cancer treatments, Headstart, food stamps, HIV medications and unemployment benefits.  The dysfunction in Congress is an example of the collective ego of America being driven by the pathology of fear, but it can be changed with a little humility.  Unfortunately, it seems Americans “in positions of power” will have to suffer and be humiliated before a power greater than themselves can restore them (and us) to sanity.



In life, the trick is to be able to know the difference between practicing humility and being a co-dependent enabler.  That kind of discernment is tricky because in both cases we often feel disrespected.  My powerlessness with my children (and America) has to be balanced with my responsibility and desire to be a loving parent (citizen).  The pain of watching your child (country/community) hurting is a humbling experience, but sometimes we have to deal with the pain, yet not let it make us sick.



 Humility is acknowledging that we are not in control of the world, and people are going to do what they will.  The best I can do is to create an atmosphere conducive to healing, and I am responsible to try to do that, in spite of my feelings.  We all are. With friends, associates, spouses, and especially our children, humility means being able to be love and respect others even when you feel your not getting your way. The truth is, it is natural to be self-ish, but it takes effort to practice humility.  God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  Amen.



 



For information about starting a support group for ALL those affected by HIV/Hep C, check out:



HIV AnonymousHCV Anonymous



 



 Feel free to send your feedback here or on our Facebook page, RISE the Magazine.



Email Response Form



Your thoughts matter!  Make your comments here!



 



Here are a few books you might like:





“Surrender To Heal” - 7 Ways to Rise Above the Battlefield of Life -  by Reggie Smith





“From The Crack House to the White House” - by Denise Stokes





“I’m Still Here”  - by Venus Perez  



Subscribe to RISE4WAR.com - a multimedia magazine focused on Wellness, Awareness, & Recovery especially for families affected by HIV/Hep C



PLEASE SIGN UP TO CONTRIBUTE CONTENT, ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT, SERVICE, EVENT OR ORGANIZATION...OR TO SIMPLY RECEIVE "RISE"!



                      
































Our Sponsors & Supporters

NMCRA

HIV Anonymous

HCV Anonymous

 

Black Golf Wear


Thanks for reading "RISE" regularly!  



WATCH THE VIDEOS TOO!  Inline image 1



 Refer the most



new FREE subscribers



in May (Hepatitis Awareness Month) &

get a $250 Visa Gift Card as a thank you!  I hope that person is you!



Please fill out my form!



CALL 678-744-RISE (7473) TO DISCUSS PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES



info@rise4war.com



Click on the links below to enjoy a continuous"old skool" music mix by DJ "Kind Brother" Reggie Smith


45 The Message.Mp3


RAP2HOUSE RADIO MIX.mp3



RAP2HOUSE RADIO MIX(1).mp3



RAP2HOUSE RADIO MIX(2).mp3



 



Archives





My Mind is Playing Tricks On Me





Are You a Hostage or a Volunteer?





Is Your Sex for Sport or Healing?





Am I a diplomat, or a spy?





We are all bipolar, but to what extreme?





Think Globally, but Act Personally





AIDS Cured or Healed?





One Woman, One Voice





Cash Rules Everything Around Me



 


 






 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 





 

RISE Multimedia News and Education Magazine · info@rise4war.com

Reggie Smith · 678-744-RISE (7473) · Skype: ReggieSmith770




reggiesmith770.com






No comments:

Post a Comment