Tuesday, September 17, 2013

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed person rules.


There are a few things that I have learned as a result of having survived drug addiction, AIDS hospice, the verge of death, and parenthood.  I’ve learned that good and bad are relative to the time, place, and perspective I might be in.  What I mean is, what may seem “bad” today or yesterday may prove to be “good” in a future time and place (or vice versa).  Many of those learned experiences have taken on a different flavor based on what my attitude has been.  The feelings I experienced while going through those situations in my life were both very high, and very low, but I have learned to develop an attitude of gratitude about them, and try to pass on those wisdoms learned.  My attitude is that sharing those experiences is our opportunity to be of service to humankind.



Recently, I have had the opportunity to test whether or not a positive outlook, and a meditative look within, could actually prove to be a healing force in the physical world.  I have been challenged by a condition diagnosed as extreme dry eyes since October of last year.  It has mainly plagued my left eye, causing me to have sand-like grit covering my cornea, causing irritation and making it very hard to focus in that eye.  It has affected my quality of life, and ability to work and play, so it would be easy to be frustrated (and I have been at times).  My experience, though, is that everything happens for a reason, so I have been forced to look inwards – figuratively and literally.  As a result, meditation, or a third-eye focus, is what “life” is forcing me to do.  Doing so has helped my frustration about my eyes, helped me to improve my attitude, and seemingly put me in a better position for healing.



Developing an “attitude of gratitude”, or what we will consider to be a positive attitude, has been a process.  It has obviously, in retrospect, been one of my life lessons to do so.  That epiphany is based on the pain that motivated my decision to try practicing a positive outlook how life was treating me.  Earlier in my life, even before my trials and tribulations, I thought I was a positive person, but it seemed like every time I tried to do the right thing, two bad things would happen to me.  I found it easy to blame life and others for my troubles, but nothing truly changed until I took responsibility for the part I was playing in my circumstance.  There is evidence that using affirmations has a positive effect on healing.  Many people, myself included, can attest to the fact that how we filter our minds thoughts affects our physical and emotional wellness.  Our attitudes are one of the things we can actually control.



In spiritual texts like the bible it says; “The light of the body is the (third) eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.”  I have noticed that the endocrine system mirrors the chakra system, and the third eye is the pineal gland.  I am told that the toxic parts of medications, like the one’s most of take, as well as processed foods, aluminum in toothpaste and deodorant, chemicals, and other environmental factors, are adding to the calcification of our pineal gland.  The pineal gland produces serotonin, the hormone that regulates sleep.  Could it be that there is so much more Alzheimer’s and other mental illness because we are both sleep deprived and cut off from the spiritual realm at the third eye?  How have you been sleeping lately?  How is your memory?  These are the questions I am asking myself in search of the cause of what doctors have yet been able to heal.  



So, my attitude is I’d rather have sight in one eye than none, especially if that is my inner vision.  My eyes are healing perfectly, and I’m learning the lessons that I created this experience for.  The doctors cannot find the cause of my physical illness.  I think I will try to cleanse my body, mind and spirit.






No comments:

Post a Comment